- Research in Humanities & Social Sciences
- Publishing in Humanities
- Choosing the Right Journal
- Digital Humanities
This online session will focus on describing the publication journey of a researcher from Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS), starting from ideating the research topic to successful journal submission. We will also discuss the significance of open access publishing in HSS along with the rapidly growing field of Digital Humanities.
This session will help researchers increase their knowledge about the following:
- How to get started with your research study?
- How to choose the right journal?
- Publication cycle – An Overview
- Open Access Publishing in Humanities and Social Sciences
- What is Digital Humanities?
About the Speaker
Dr Jan de Beer, Ph.D.
Publication and Training Consultant, Enago Academy
- de Beer is a distinguished publishing expert with >25 years of experience in academia. He is an accomplished researcher, public speaker, mentor, and a published author.
- Till date, Dr. de Beer has taught courses related to research methodology, communication, human development, social interaction and behavior, and leadership training.
- de Beer has completed his Ph.D. in Science of Religion and Missiology from the University of Pretoria, where he also worked as a Research Associate (2010 – 2013).
- Through his own publishing company—Davidstar Publications, Dr. de Beer has published several books and translated books from Afrikaans to English.
- In 2016, he completed his CELTA certification that is issued by Cambridge English Language Assessment.
- Currently, he is associated with Woosong University as an Assistant Professor, helping prospective ESL researchers improving their awareness of research and publishing and developing course material and training programs.