- Overview of Biomedical Publishing
- Writing Different Sections of the Manuscript
- Adding Relevant References and Citations
- Effective Presentation of Data
- Journal Guidelines for a Successful Submission
The University of Turku in collaboration with Enago and Karger Publishers conducted an insightful webinar to guide medicine practitioners and researchers to draft an error-free manuscript ready for submission in top-ranking journals. For preparing a strong manuscript that presents the right amount of information comprehensively and in the appropriate order, a well-planned strategy is a prerequisite. Furthermore, researchers also need to organize the collected data methodically and present them sequentially. In this session, we will share practical tips on all the key aspects of writing a polished research paper.
Researchers will learn:
1. Overview of Biomedical Publishing
2. Conceptualizing Your Research Study
3. Writing Different Sections of the Manuscript
4. Adding Relevant References and Citations
5. Effective Presentation of Data
6. Journal Guidelines for a Successful Submission
About the Speaker:
Ph.D. (Cambridge), FACMG, Former Instructor at Harvard Medical School
An established researcher, public speaker, and published author, Dr. Sanoudou is an award-winning medical researcher with 181 publications in renowned medical/biomedical journals. The impact of her work is demonstrated by the 5190 citations that she has to her credit. She is also the recipient of more than 20 research grants. Dr. Sanoudou was a post-doctoral fellow as well as an instructor at Harvard Medical School. She has also worked as a coordinator for an international genomics/pharmacogenomics program and as a fellow with Genzyme and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. As a Publication and Training Consultant with Enago Academy, she conducts webinars and workshops to help researchers understand the nuances of academic writing and publishing. To date, Dr. Sanoudou has attended >200 national and international conferences as an invited speaker, served as a peer reviewer for 41 international journals, and chaired several seminars. She is also on the editorial board of multiple international scientific journals.