Add To Calendar
With an aim to enhance the impact of ASEAN research in international academia, Enago is proud to introduce an insightful webinar exclusively for researchers from the Universiti Sains Malaysia. In this session, we will discuss the key publishing aspects and effective strategies for successful publications in Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines. Further, it will also shed light on the significance of open access publishing along with the rapidly growing field of Digital Humanities.
Through this session, researchers will increase their awareness about:
How to get started with your research study
How to choose the right journal?
An overview of the publication cycle
Open access publishing in Social Sciences and Humanities
What is Digital Humanities?
About the Speaker
Dr. Gavin Hougham, Ph.D
- Dr. Hougham is a highly published author and researcher with 20+ years of extensive experience in manifold scientific fields such as bioinformatics, health information technology, sociology, and cross-cultural Japanese gerontology.
- Currently appointed as the Sponsored Grants Research Manager, Office of the Vice-President for Research, New York Medical College, New York, U.S.A, Dr. Hougham has led many senior-level projects at the strategic level in training and development of health outcomes researchers, program evaluators, clinicians, social workers, nurses, and other scientists.
- To date, Dr. Hougham has 150+ publications to his credit which include research papers, books, book chapters, review articles, and book reviews. He is also an expert editor and reviewer of peer-reviewed journals, grants, and books.
- Further, Dr. Hougham has won 10+ grants and multiple awards for best scientific poster and oral presentations at conferences.
- Dr. Hougham is an esteemed member of various academic and medical societies such as the American Public Health Association, American Society for Bioethics and Humanities, Society of Hospital Medicine, and Society for Medical Decision Making.
- At Enago Academy, Dr. Hougham conducts basic and advanced sessions for guiding research scholars successfully through their publication journey.